Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What Has and Will Be Proven

"It's probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in."
           - Lyndon Johnson

I haven't written much in the last ten days or so. My computer broke and I've been busy helping fan the flames of group think on Twitter.  I wish it hadn't happened....




No, the pc's a Dell, I won't mourn it. I feel bad for helping shovel conspiracy coal in the furnace of the crazy train, because it's going to hurt us in the end. 

I need not rehash the past week. Odds are you're following my Twitter account or this showed up in Bullets. To be honest the revelations of this week haven't concerned me. The local media did a great job adding context to a story a nationally renowned hack reported. I'll add SI is lying about the length of time they've been working on this. More than a year and a half ago a former player called to tell me Thayer was asking questions. 

However, It's what comes next that has me worried. Unfortunately, Message board posts and calling us Chokie State don't mean everything in that article is false. It doesn't have to be for us to lose here. All that article had to do was put, "well maybe" out there and force our athletic department to respond. I've never met Mike Holder, but my Twitter followers know I'm a fan of his. He's a great fund raiser who has done a lot for okstate. He's also a law and order type.


We won't be playing SEC style legal games with the NCAA.  Don't forget how we appeared to roll over on Dez Bryant No, every scrap of paper that Pulitzer Rain Man was too lazy to dig up is going to be presented to a man with almost two decades of NCAA enforcement experience. Am I saying we're doing wrong? No. But how do you control every booster's email to the athletic department and every random grad assistant? Something will get found. It has to, NCAA rules are overly complex and asinine. A student athlete getting cream cheese with his bagel counts as a violation for goodness sake. 

In the end, yelling at the top of our lungs about how Thayer Evans wife needed a restraining order is the most undeniable fact associated with him is beside the point. It doesn't matter because he won. He shaped the conversation and forced our chess piece. He gets to walk away and hope. Nothing we can do about it now but remain supportive. The outward firing squad will be twice as bad if this thing goes circular which I fear it might. 

No comments:

Post a Comment