Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Idea Time: Catch An Opposing Fan Contest

This idea may go down in flames, but I'm ok with that. What I'd like here are pictures and the stories behind them that make college football the greatest sport on earth. You know, the rich pageantry stuff that college football writers talk about when they already used their kids to mail in last week's column. That is what I want, and I want you  help. Now for the details.



You do it anyways, so brag about it. The Internet is full of visitors stories about their experience  in Stillwater and with us. I want to hear them too. Each week on Wednesday following the game I want to share pictures and stories of your interactions with opposing fans. Email them to me at Pokelahomanews@gmail.com  Invite them to you tailgate, or buy the next round, take a picture and tell me about it. At the end of the year I'll give away a prize to the best one of the year. Road games too

Now for the criteria

  • 5 points-Submission includes a picture opposing fan, and proof it's during our game week. ie noticeable tailgate spot, you're included etc 
  • 5 points- A story about your interaction with your visitor at least a paragraph
  • 1 point - You're wearing Orange in the picture 
  • -10 if they're related to you
  • 5  points including someone famous in the picture with you. 5 more for Jim Traber
  • 10 points if your opposing fan emails in the same picture and shares his thoughts. So share the blog..

I hope that was clear. We've got so much to be proud of as a group. Time to share it. 

Oh yeah. The prize. I kinda like memorabilia.  Best one at the end of the year can pick from an Allie Reynolds baseball card, a Bob Kurland autograph or I guess  a T shirt from Chris's if you don't want the first two.  Good luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment