Sunday, September 1, 2013

Don’t Google Mississippi News Papers, And Other Thoughts


Finally recovered from yesterday’s relaxation period enough to chime in on the game



·         Boone’s press conference can be so embarrassing. Why call Gundy out on his Tennessee bluff? One year he’ll show Boone he really means it. Boone won’t care though, and that’s too bad.

·         We run the ball well nearly every year. Why are the TV guys always so shocked when we run over people?  Last year we finished second in the Big 12 in rushing yards. How hard is research?

·         STAND UP PACKAGE! Very exciting. I look forward to other wrinkles in the games to come. We needed a change and I'm very excited to see what this defense does against good offense.The bar is admittedly low. 


·         We have a QB who is excellent at one part of the game and that matters a great deal. No offense to Clint but I fail to see why being average at everything makes him a superior option to JW who is excellent at something. “But but but he don’t throw hard!!!” Yes, I know, Garrett Gilbert does though. Make t shirts about him.   More, much more on this later.  

·         Earlier I went looking for Mississippi newspaper reviews of the game. Don’t do it.  So many easy jokes here but the quality isn’t great. Not worth it.

A good football program is emotionally an odd thing. I find myself more stressed and terrified we might lose than happy that we won.   I still wouldn't go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment